David was born and raised in Bakersfield. He is a graduate of Bakersfield High School and later earned a Bachelors of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from San Jose State University. With over 30 years of experience working in the oil and finance industries, David brings an understanding of private enterprise to public office.
In 1998, David was elected to the Bakersfield City Council and continued to serve as the Ward Four Councilman for over thirteen years – serving twice as Vice-Mayor. In 2012 David was elected to the Kern County Board of Supervisors Fourth District and served as Chairman of the board in 2015.
David’s service in public office has been characterized by a notable willingness to listen. He appreciates the opportunity to meet with, listen to, and talk with constituents over a cup of coffee or in his office. David’s mobile phone is 661-703-1818.
- Kern County Board of Supervisors, Fourth District, Elected June 2012, Chairman 2015
- Local Agency Formation Committee (LAFCO), Board Member
- Kern Council of Governments (Kern CoG), Board Member
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District, Board Member
- Southern California Water Committee, Board Member
- Kern County Groundwater Management Committee, Member
- Kern County Employees’ Retirement Association, Board Member
- Carrizo Plain Advisory Committee
- Kern County Foundation, Inc.
- Kern Medical Budget and Finance Committee
- Kern County Water Resources Committee
Kern County Board of Supervisor Committee Assignments
- Planning and Public Works Committee
- Culture, Education, and Recreation Committee
- Audit Advisory Committee
Current Community Service
- Mendiburu Magic Foundation, Advisory Board Member
- Bakersfield City Councilman, Ward 4, 1998-2012
- Bakersfield City Vice Mayor, 2003-2004 and 2011-2012
- Local Agency Formation Committee (LAFCO), Chair
- Kern Council of Governments (Kern CoG), Chair
- City of Bakersfield Water Resource Committee, Chair
- City of Bakersfield Planning & Development Committee, Chair
- City of Bakersfield Community Services Committee
- City of Bakersfield Personnel Committee
- City of Bakersfield Legislative & Litigation Committee, Chair
- San Joaquin Water Coalition, Kern Cities Representative
- Valley Water Alliance, Board Member
- Boys & Girls Club Board, President
- Youth for Christ, Board Member
David has over 30 years of experience working in the oil and finance industries. David started work in the financial industry in 1988 and specialized in retirement and estate planning for clients and corporate retirement plans.
San Jose State University
Bachelor of Science Degree, June 1981
Business Administration, with a concentration in Accounting.